We acknowledge and pay our respects to the Traditional Custodians of Cape York Peninsula, past and present. We are particularly grateful to those groups and individuals who have welcomed us onto their homelands and into their communities, and who have generously shared knowledge, time and advice on a range of issues.
We also acknowledge and thank the following organisations for their support for our research activities.
Proper History Project
This ongoing project is funded by the Australian Research Council (ARC) Linkage Projects scheme (LP170100050, 2019-21). We are very grateful both to the ARC and to our partner organisations for their ongoing support. Our key project partners are:
- Western Cape Communities Trust (Weipa);
- Chuulangun Aboriginal Corporation (Kuuku I’yu Ngaachi, central Cape York Peninsula)
- Napranum Aboriginal Shire Council (Napranum)
- The College of Humanities and Social Sciences, Flinders University (Adelaide)
- The Culture and Histories Program, Queensland Museum (Brisbane)
- Faculty of Arts, Macquarie University (Sydney)